Looking for the best dog brush for long haired dogs for your doggo? You’re not alone! I’ve been at my wit’s end trying to find a good dog brush for long dog hair that doesn’t irritate my pup and does the job of untangling that long dog hair and helps with dog shedding. We researched all of these brushes and have found lots of great options, so take a look below!
Brushing your dog’s hair keeps hair untangled and increases your dog’s circulation and is an important part of your long haired dog’s grooming routine so we searched out the best brushes for long haired dogs.
- Dual head designing enabling the user to brush through all kinds of coat types
- Clinically tested for skin safety
- Deshedding properties with undercoat cure
- Suitable for all coat types and dog breeds
Unlike many popular pet grooming brushes that claim to be ‘therapeutic’ for your doggo, the Pat Your Pet Store Pet Grooming Tool does that.
The side with nine teeth can be used for smoothing the hair coat of your pet. The opposite 17 teeth side can be used when deshedding and thinning of long hair is intended. Do not worry; both sides are 100% for your dog’s skin.
As you are combing hair, you will be immediately able to see the therapeutic effect of the comb setting in action.
- Suitable for both dematting and deshedding
- Easy to clean out accumulated hair
- Packed with therapeutic features
- Portable size and shape
- Not ideal for thick-coated dogs
- Teethed area is not big enough
- Multi-sided teethed design for faster and more effective combing process
- Signature round teeth design to keep the skin of your pet safe
- Perfect for removing knots, tangles, etc. without any unnecessary force
- It even works perfectly with dogs having thick and multilayer coat
- Super lightweight and easy to carry
Today, the market is flooded with tools that come with a dual-faced design suitable for any kind of fur coat. But there is always one problem associated with such tools that no one else addressed except the Maxpower Planet Pet Grooming Brush.
Have you ever noticed the shape of the teeth that are protruding from both ends of the brushing tool? Most of them come with a spike-like formation just to get more and more undercoats out from beneath.
But such a formation can be quite dangerous for your dog as it can eventually end up reaching the skin of your dog without you even noticing it.
Maxpower designed all the teeth for its pet grooming brush with a round-edged design to cope with this high-priority issue. Because of this variation, the tool can get the topcoat to peruse with the zero-person chance of hurting the skin.
The nine teeth side can deal with tangled fur segments that can be pretty annoying for the dog. On the opposite, you can use the 17 teeth side thinning and deshedding the fur coat to prevent any hair fall for your long hair fur buddy.
- Highly safe to the pet with its rounded teeth design
- Also suitable for double coats and higher
- Super lightweight and easy to carry
- It comes with a rubber etched handle design for better grip
- Large teeth surface for fast and effective results
- Not suitable for some dog breeds, including huskies, Pomeranians, etc.
- Explicitly designed for deshedding dogs with long hair
- Replaceable stainless steel comb design
- Prevents post deshedding irritation and rashes
- Easy to grip single side design
- The specific comb allows the topcoat to remain utterly intact while targeting the loose undercoat
In a world full of double-sided dog hair brushing tools, DakPets decided to take their path and chose to go with something that they believed would be the best for both their customers and their dog(s).
One of the very few single-sided dog hair brushing tools, the DakPets pet grooming brush comes with a detachable 4-inch-long rest-resistant blade made from stainless steel. The edge is also protected by a solid plastic covering, used when the tool is not in use.
The blade is then mounted on a super soft ergo grip handle which provides exceptional grip for an instrument of this size. The unique, straight blade teeth design directly impacts the loose dead ends of the undercoat without even touching the beautiful topcoat.
If you have a dog who is generally prone to post deshedding irritation because of its long hair, the DakPets pet grooming brush will be perfect for you.
But remember, in order to get the most out of the unique comb design, you need to go work your way through with the help of smooth yet firm strokes of the brush in the direction of the coat growth. Make sure to be extra careful on sensitive areas like paws, face, etc.
- Perfect for dogs facing post deshedding irritation
- Detachable comb design allows you to change the comb whenever necessary
- Easy to grip soft handle
- Therapeutic for your long hair doggo
- It comes in multiple fun colors
- Some excessive force and the comb can detach
Suitable for coats type
Pat Your Pet Store Pet Grooming Tool
Single side glove
6.8 x 3.6 x 1.1 inches
All coats types except thick
Maxpower Planet Pet Grooming Brush
6.6 x 3.9 x 2 inches
All coats types
DakPets pet grooming brush
5.51 x 3.94 x 5.51 inches
All coats types
I’ve heard that many people ask “What is the best brush for a long haired dog?” We showed you a wide variety of dog brushes that are our favorites, but what are you looking for in your perfect brush? What kind of bristles do you prefer on your dog’s coat and why should other pet owners try these dog bruises too? Let us know in the comments below!
Looking for more dog grooming tips? Check out our five top grooming tips you wish you had always known and our article on dog shedding.