New data from PetSmart reveals pets play a special part in holiday planning, they even top the Holiday shopping list over other loved ones. In fact, holiday pet statistics from Petsmart reveals that over half of pet parents spend more time shopping for pets than for some family members.
Pets are also the recipient of thoughtful gift-giving and spending extra quality time together throughout the season and given that we thought we would provide some pet and mostly dog gift giving ideas and inspiration.
Holiday Pet Statistics
According to a new survey by PetSmart, pets are a crucial consideration for pet parents when planning for the holidays and these pet holiday statistics gathered by PetSmart show it:
- 87 percent of respondents intend to carve out special time to bond with their pets over the holidays,
- 82 percent say it doesn’t feel like the holiday season without their pets by their side,
- 83 percent of respondents are very likely to buy a gift for their pet,
- 54 percent say they would spend more time shopping for their pets than for some family members, and
- 35 percent of pet parents plan to gift a new pet to someone else or add one to their household. Note that gifted pets are the largest category of pets that also become shelter pets so we hope this is done responsibly.
- 48 percent plan to take their pets to the groomer ahead of holiday gatherings.
We love pet statistics, see more pet statistics here.
Holiday Pet Giving Ideas for the Holidays
Now that we know our pets top our list for the holidays lets get some gift giving inspiration.
Dog Gift Guides
Now that we know pets are top of mind for the holidays find ideas for giving in our gift guides:
- Fun Dog Mom Ideas, and
Most Popular Dog Gift Giving Categories
Let’s also look at some of the most popular categories for giving that may also inspire some ideas:
- Toys: Gift a toy that gives back with puppy and guinea pig plush toys by Chance & Friends. For each Chance & Friends purchase, $1 is donated to PetSmart Charities, the leading funder of animal welfare in North America.
- Treats: The holiday countdown is on with Advent calendars made for dogs. This dog advent calendar from Chewy countdowns the last 12 days to the Holiday with dog fun. .
- Festive Décor: This Holiday themed red and black checked dog blanket not only protects furniture and gives pets a cozy place to lie but adds to your festive décor.
- Apparel: Make sure your favorite pets are dressed for the occasion with festive adornments from PetSmart including holiday lights and reindeer headbands, festive pajamas for dogs, and Santa costumes for pets of all sizes.
- Stocking Stuffers Under $10: Top stocking stuffers from PetSmart include a reversible plaid bandana and a “Naughty or Nice” beanie for small pets.
- Pamper Your Pet: Dog lovers may prefer to give an experience rather than a gift. A day at the spa salon can have pets looking and feeling their best this holiday season.
Most of all enjoy your dog this holiday season and preserve some memories you will cherish. Looking for photo ideas to preserve those memories find 7 Ideas for the Camera Shy Pup here.